***UPDATE APRIL 21, 2017: REVISIONS TO THE ENGINEER'S STAMPED DESIGNS (Designs) HAVE BEEN MADE. PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND REVIEW THE UPDATED DESIGNS DOCUMENT AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS WEBPAGE TO DEVELOP YOUR BIDS.***
The purpose of the Chewuch RM 15.5-17 Project is to re-establish and enhance existing fish habitat in the Chewuch River. The river has been slow to recover from a legacy of instream wood removal that occurred during the early half of the 1900’s. Many stands of the forest within the project area and upstream of the project area provide low rates of natural wood recruitment due to historic logging activities, fire, recreation, and road development.
The Yakama Nation, in partnership with Methow Valley Ranger District (USFS) is proposing to improve riparian and instream habitat function along the Chewuch River from river mile 15.5 to 17. Specific activities associated with this construction bid request include the following:
· Installation of Engineered Log Structures (ELS’s) in and adjacent to the Chewuch River
· Installation of Engineered Log Cover Habitat in and adjacent to the Chewuch River
· Pool habitat enhancement
· Side Channel excavation and pool habitat development
· Replanting of native grasses, shrubs, and trees in disturbed areas with some expanded riparian buffer.
The Attachments below contain the following:
- Attachment: Designs (Chewuch River Mile 15.5 to 20 Final Designs)- This is the engineered construction plans that you are bidding on, with detailed specifications.
- Attachment: Project Cover Letter and draft Construction Service Agreement - The bidding directions and the draft Construction Services Agreement is attached for your review.
- Attachment: Fishery Tax Exempt Example - Letter describing why the Yakama Nation is exempt for this type of work and the an example of the certificate is attached for your review.
Interested Contractors are encouraged to attend a site visit on April 19, 2017 at 10:45 a.m. The site visit will begin at the Eightmile Ranch parking lot, roughly 9.5 miles north of Winthrop, WA 98862.
The Yakama Nation will be accepting bids for this project until the close of business on Thursday, May 4, 2017 in hardcopy form. By the close of business, each contractor must have completed and submitted a signed copy of the attached Chewuch RM15.5 to 17 bid sheet and that all bid prices will be valid for 90 days. All competitive bid materials must be either hand delivered or sent by parcel delivery service or postal mail to:
Attn: Jackie Onley
PO Box 151
Toppenish WA, 98948.
(Hand Delivery/Shipping: 401 Fort Road, Toppenish, WA 98948, Room 8)